(Junior) Application Security Engineer.
Kontent.ai is a global provider of a Headless Content Management System, giving marketing and development teams a modular platform. We are proud to help enterprises such as PPG, the University of Oxford, Konica Minolta, Billa, AC Milan, or Vogue to plan, create, and deliver experiences that look and feel great on any channel. We started as a spin-off from Kentico software, and currently are a separate team with product proven on the market and a fast-growing client base.
The Security Team is international with members in Brno, Dublin, and Bratislava. We truly embrace the spirit of remote and hybrid work environments and offer a flexible setup focused on what you achieve rather than from where you do it.
The way we approach security in Kontent.ai is different from many other companies. Rather than being perceived just as a cost center, we strive every day to help achieve business goals and help our enterprise clients succeed. Where others blame users for many or all security incidents, we are on a mission to empower our people and build a strong security culture. All important decisions we make are based on calculated risk and in line with our risk appetite. So instead of being perceived as a “Department of no,” we cooperate with other teams and customers to properly understand their needs and deliver well-balanced solutions between security and usability.
What exactly awaits you?
- Adopting secure software development lifecycle processes
- Discovering flaws and vulnerabilities in code through reviews
- Coordinating and performing internal penetration tests
- Maintaining and improving our toolchain (including SAST and DAST)
- Sharing security knowledge across other departments
- Preparing new security prototypes suited for the product
- Bringing new and improving existing security features and mechanisms
- Auditing and hardening of cloud infrastructure in Azure
You won’t be alone, and you will have experienced members of the security team who will ensure smooth onboarding. We want our employees to grow together with us, and you can expect opportunities to specialize and grow in seniority over time. Intensive learning and certification plan is awaiting to ensure your success.
Is it you?
- You have a mindset that matches ours
- You are familiar with web application security
- You can communicate actively at B2 level in English on a daily basis
- You have a long-term interest in security, studying, or have just graduated
- When engaging in technical topics, you are comfortable speaking to developers, designers, or managers
- You are interested in the latest security news, threats, and trends
- You are willing to learn, improve and grow
Want to know more? Contact us and we can meet online or in our Brno offices.
Apply for this job
Perks & Benefits
Balancing your professional and personal life can be tricky. We want to help you strike the right balance between both of them without having to compromise either one. That’s why we offer flexible working hours, working from home (or anywhere else), and a five-week holiday so that you can get in touch with your inner social butterfly. We also extend paternity leave for fathers and give loyal employees a month-long sabbatical to unplug and recharge.
Health is a priority
We take the health and happiness of our employees seriously. We provide a meal allowance so you can eat healthy at home or take advantage of healthy snacks at the office. We also offer massages to help your body (and mind) relax when you need to recharge your batteries. Or you can take part in sports events with your coworkers—whether that means playing football, badminton, or squash. And if you get sick? No worries! We provide unlimited sick days, so you can take care of yourself when you need it.
We learn every day
We believe that a growth mindset is the real key to success. That’s why we dedicate 20% of our working time to education and innovations so that each employee can thrive in their career—from attending conferences and running internal workshops to borrowing books from our company library and gaining professional certifications. The icing on the cake? We also have a native English teacher who helps us improve our language skills.