Develop .NET apps
Learn how to develop your own .NET applications that use Kontent.ai APIs.
Table of contents
SDKs and API references
We highly recommend using SDKs to make your app development easier.
Manage your Kontent.ai projects, import content, and automate content operations with Management API. Streamline user management with Subscription API.
The Management SDK supports both Management API and Subscription API.
Get started tutorials
If you are new to the .NET world, go through these tutorials. They should get you up to speed before you dig into the sample apps.
Do you already know what framework you want to explore? Check one of these sample apps. If you have any questions, ideas for improvement, or you get stuck in code, feel free to submit a GitHub issue.
Take your Kontent.ai-powered apps further with the following APIs and features.
- Smart link SDK automatically creates edit links in your web app based on HTML data attributes provided in your app. The SDK also lets you connect your website with Web Spotlight.
- Synchronize latest content changes with webhooks or via Sync API to keep your cache up to date.
- Image transformation API is a real-time image manipulation and optimization API. Check our image optimization guide to speed up image delivery in your app.
By using strongly-typed models, you get:
- Type safety during compile-time
- Convenient usage in code –
- Support for type-dependent features such as display templates in MVC
ASP.NET Core extensions
If you're developing an ASP.NET Core web app, the ASP.NET Core extensions package will give you helper classes for easier development. For example, you can use
img-asset tag helper for more convenient work with responsive images via Image transformation API, and a webhook validator to verify your webhooks.
Jamstack is an architecture designed to make the web faster, more secure, and easier to scale out of the box.
The first step is to choose is a static site generator (SSG). A static site generator combines data from Kontent.ai with specific visual templates, and prerenders a static site, which you can host on a CDN.
- Follow best practices for getting content to ensure your content and code is scalable and maintainable.
- Explore integration capabilities of Kontent.ai to create a coherent and robust experience for developers and content editors.
- Once you have your Kontent.ai-powered web app running, focus on SEO optimization and explore the benefits of Edge computing.
- Not sure what's what in Kontent.ai? Check our glossary of terms.