Content operations encompass all the tasks associated with executing a content strategy, including:
- Content design and prioritization
- Creation of content items
- Delivery of content to various channels
- The ongoing management of published content including revisions, updates and optimization
- Content measurement and assessment.
Effective content operations require a content hub that can support the entire content lifecycle. Content operations are the tactics of how work gets done, and how value gets generated. Because content operations cover the entire content lifecycle, content operations are cross-functional, involving writers and other content creators, technical and web services roles, and business stakeholders including marketing and customer success. Content operations may be poorly managed due to activity silos, a lack of common processes, or unnecessary complexity due to an absence of standards within the organization. Mature content operations are integrated, collaborative, and agile.