We’re always improving Kontent.ai to enable content strategists, creators, and developers alike! Check out how releases from Q2 2022 help keep processes standardized and content consistent.
Monica RaszykJun 29, 2022
Content consistency plays a huge role in customer satisfaction and loyalty. When information is up-to-date and accurate, it’s more trustworthy. And trust is foundational to any company’s success.
But it’s not always easy to keep content consistent across channels. Content managers and editors simply have a lot on their plates. They often have to juggle frequent updates and ad-hoc changes. Without the right set of resources or support, errors or missed details are bound to happen. One mistake isn’t necessarily the end of the world, but small missteps chip away at your brand perception.
That’s why it’s useful to house all content in one place like Kontent.ai, a content management system designed to support the complexities that come with the job. Here, we’ll take a look at some of the releases from Q2 2022 that do some major heavy lifting on the daily, so that everyone can focus their energy on more high-value tasks.
Managing workflows and users oh-so-smoothly
We love a good workflow. It helps keep processes moving and everyone focused on the same goal. It’s also the fail-safe way to ensure only the best content goes live. In Kontent.ai, it’s possible for teams to set multiple workflows in a project to accommodate the different approvals needed for different types of content. A system that can flexibly support these needs is critical for large-scale content operations. In Q2, workflow management for Kontent.ai users got even stronger. Let’s check out how.
- Programmatic management of workflows: To make sure the adoption of multiple workflows is no-sweat, it’s possible to manage workflows using the Management API. This allows organizations to programmatically create, update, and delete custom workflows. Simple, straightforward, and secure.
- New endpoints for multiple workflow management: Developer friends, note that we have deprecated two endpoints to better support management of multiple workflows. We recommend using the new endpoints: the change the workflow of a language variant endpoint and retrieve workflows endpoint. Also check out the updated management SDKs to manage workflows in your scripts.
- Workflow information more visible: Information about the workflow for content items has been added to two new places: content item’s revision list and an item’s detail in the editorial calendar. Cheers to even more transparency.
- Faster selection of the right workflow: Now, when a user changes an item’s workflow and there’s only one workflow the item can move to, the drop-down is disabled and the workflow is auto-selected. Same goes for when a user converts a component to a content item and there’s only one workflow available.
We’re 100% committed to delivering the absolute best experience when it comes to managing users in the platform. Along with workflows, dedicated user management is another useful way to keep complex and sprawling content operations under control. This quarter, we released another round of improvements to user management.
- Showing active users by default in user listings: User listings in projects and subscriptions now show only active users by default. If needed, it’s possible to still apply filters to see deactivated users as well. This is to make user management that much clearer, as only active users factor into the user quota in a subscription.
Letting content creators get back to the good stuff
Content creation is a creative pursuit! Writing a winning headline, spinning up a new product description, connecting with audiences: it all takes finesse. At Kontent.ai, we always try to ease the burden of managing the little details, so that content creators can spend more time on what they actually enjoy: creating.
- More breathing room in the authoring experience: Writers, we got you. Guidelines in content items are now collapsed by default, so you can have more space to write without distractions. You can always expand or collapse the guidelines as needed.
- Faster work in highly componentized content: Now, if you have 15 or more components in a content item, they no longer expand automatically after you open the item, saving you a whole lot of time.
- Guesswork-free scheduling with the time zone selector: With the rise of remote work and a growing network of global content creators, it can be a challenge to keep up with all the time zones in play! No worries. With the new time zone selector, content creators can schedule an item to publish or unpublish at an exact time in a particular time zone, no matter where they are. Need to schedule content for 9am in New York, while you’re in Sydney? Let Kontent.ai handle the conversion.
- No to broken links: When editing content types, it’s now possible to limit the types of content item links. You can also quickly pre-select all content types with URL slug elements. With proper item link limitations set ahead of time, content creators save time by choosing only from items that can be linked. Check out our dedicated blog on how to fix broken links – or better yet, stop them before they happen.
- Setting default values to improve repeatable work: It’s now possible to set default values for a whole range of elements, including taxonomy, rich text, number, date & time, and multiple choice. Why is this such a nice addition? When certain terms or values are going to be used very often in an element, it can save content creators so much time to have them already set as the default. Note that newly added content items with the element will have the selected terms prefilled automatically. Also nice. Developers, you can go ahead and get everything set up using the Management API right now.
- More organized content labeling: Another great quality of life improvement has been the new Not in filter for content labeling. This lets users quickly find unlabeled content items. They can then choose to label them, keeping everything in the platform consistent and organized. Example: if you need to find items that aren’t labeled by a taxonomy called Continents, you’d select ∅ Not in Continents from the list of filters. Voilà.
Enjoying the benefits of true composability
A microservices architecture means working with the best – and on your own terms. Kontent.ai’s strong ecosystem of technology partnerships helps organizations put content management at the heart of their modern tech stacks. Read the entire spring integration update or catch the highlights below.
- Officially supported in Vue Storefront: This quarter, Kontent.ai became one of the officially supported headless CMSs in Vue Storefront, a powerful front-end e-commerce platform. With customer expectations and behaviors changing, companies have to consider how smooth their buyer journey really is across channels. An agile e-commerce strategy can spell the difference between customer satisfaction and disappointment. Learn more about the trends in e-commerce and the value of going headless in our comprehensive e-book.
- Integration with Semrush: Another notable update is our new integration with Semrush, one of the leading SEO platforms on the market. The integration is currently focused on analyzing keywords across different regions, necessary for any content professional looking to create content that resonates in-market.
Want to get the most out of search engine optimization? Download our latest e-book to learn how to use a content management system to boost your rankings on Google.
Getting up to speed with 15-minute micro-courses
It’s not always easy to sit down and take in a whole bunch of new information all at once. But, as professionals, learning is part of the job. Our education team at Kontent.ai aims to make learning fun and immediately actionable.
That’s why we’ve released a new set of e-learning micro-courses. The “Intro to going headless” series opens up a whole new way of thinking about digital content management.
Get up to speed on all things headless with new e-learning micro-courses
Whether you’re brand new or brushing up, these courses will help you get to know the bite-sized basics.
- Headless 101: Your journey to headless gets you familiar with the basic headless concepts to make the transition to Kontent.ai as smooth as possible.
- Headless 102: Focused on content shows you how to craft your content without thinking about formatting or the design, focusing on the benefits of reusable content.
- Headless 103: Kontent tailored to you gives a thorough understanding of what your role means in Kontent.ai and how you can influence the setup of your work environment.
Check out all the courses available in e-learning. Headless 101 and Headless 102 are free, so dive right in now.
Allowing developers to do their best work
Kontent.ai is the modular content platform for both marketers and developers, and this quarter, we definitely jam-packed our releases with important updates for technical teams. The list below is just a selection.
- Custom codename for a content group directly in the UI
- More secure project cloning
- Kontent CLI can run a range of migrations
- New scope for Management API rate limits
- Increased performance of Delivery REST API
- Improvements to the .NET Management SDK
- .NET Management SDK can be used to set content type elements as non-localizable
- New .NET model generator
- Update 0.12.0 for ASP.NET Core extensions.
For a full list of this quarter’s updates, check out the product changelog.
6 months behind us, 6 to go!
It’s been a rapid half a year of product development supporting organizations at the forefront of great content. We’re glad we can help our customers more easily tell their stories and connect with audiences across digital channels. As we stay ahead of the challenges and trends, you can expect much more in the next six months!
Need a little inspiration on how to improve content quality and consistency right now? While you adopt some of the latest improvements to Kontent.ai, also be sure to revisit some helpful blogs from this past quarter:
- Why reusing content is better than repurposing content
- How to improve management of multi-brand content
- Strategic content reuse through cross-team collaboration
And if you’d like to chat with us, we’re always available. Simply schedule a call with one of our experts or connect with your dedicated customer success manager.