Director of Sales (US).
Kontent.ai is a leading global Content Management System (CMS). Our advanced CMS platform unlocks a new era for companies to tell their stories and connect with their customers worldwide. With hubs in New York, London, Amsterdam, Brno, and Sydney, we are accelerating momentum across our global enterprise customer base. We have strong investment support for rapid growth in 2023 and beyond, and we are currently hiring in all departments.
About the Role
Kontent.ai is looking to expand its sales roster in two established regions – North America and Europe, and for that reason, there are multiple positions open in each region. The Kontent.ai Sales Directors will be a significant part of our go-to-market strategy and be on the front lines of new revenue growth. We are looking for seasoned sales talent with a relentless drive to win who is serious about making a lasting impression on the global SaaS industry.
Reporting to their regional Vice President of Sales, the Sales Directors will be responsible for driving new annual recurring revenue by selling software subscriptions to large and enterprise-size content teams and corporate buyers. Candidates should have a substantial depth of experience in and outside of the CMS space, a demonstrable record of exceeding targets, and closing enterprise-level contracts for industries like SaaS, CMS, DXP, or MarTech firms. Kontent.ai Sales Directors will be pivotal in driving the adoption of our solution across all industry verticals, including Healthcare, CPG, Retail, Telco, Manufacturing, Pharmaceutical, Gaming, Entertainment, Finance, Technology, and many more.
This role is strongly supported by a robust cross-section of teams like Marketing, Demand Generation, Outbound, Inbound, Revenue Operations, Sales Enablement, IT, Operations, and Executive, all of which are committed to the rapid growth of Kontent.ai.
These are remote positions. While we do have offices, you are not required to be in them.
- The ideal candidate should have a remarkable depth of experience in enterprise software and/or SaaS sales, with high competency in solution sales strategy and tactics.
- This role will drive revenue growth by working targeted accounts through the entire buyer’s journey to completion and close.
- Must be comfortable at engaging with all levels of prospects, engaging with all C-suite positions across multiple industries, using available mediums including phone, email, video conference technologies, collaborative word processing tools, and more.
- Maintain a high level of daily activity, including customer calls, meetings, pipeline management, planning, and execution.
- Have an understanding and clear delivery of Kontent.ai’s value proposition, key features, product messages, and positioning.
- Expedite the sales cycle while demonstrating superior knowledge of Kontent.ai products and services and how they can be utilized for maximum impact by addressing the prospect's current challenges, both technical and business challenges.
- Uncover, identify, and understand customers’ strategic objectives that highlight the Kontent.ai value proposition and thought leadership.
- Deliver sales presentations and demonstrations to align products to the customers’ defined requirements and business objectives.
- Proudly take ownership and accountability for the role’s quotas, targets, and objectives. Meet and exceed quarterly and annual quotas.
- The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with strong attention to detail and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- A willingness to travel and participate in industry-relevant events like trade shows, conferences, executive dinners, and other events.
- Experience with and disciplined use of common sales technology tools like CRM, lead gathering, lead intelligence, outreach, and business efficiency tools, all while upholding safe data practices.
- Promote our global cultural similarities and embrace our differences. Kontent.ai is a global community with a truly diverse mix of cultures, histories, languages, personalities, and time zones. We love our differences and know how to leverage all our unique strengths to win at our common goals.
Requirements and Skills
- 7+ years of quota-carrying SaaS software sales experience, being responsible for the full sales cycle (prospecting, customer presentation/demos, negotiating, proposals, and closing the sale) is absolutely required.
- A thorough understanding of solution sales and extended sales cycles into large enterprise companies is required.
- A proven ‘hunter’ background with consultative and solution selling experience, the skills to sell by solving business and technological challenges for prospects and not just features of a technology.
- A demonstrable track record of meeting and exceeding sales quotas.
- Experience working with a proven sales methodology such as SPIN, MEDDIC, or Challenger Sales is a strong bonus.
- Excellent listening skills and ability to persuade using communication that conveys concepts in a creative and powerful way.
- Excellent interpersonal and emotional intelligence skills, excellent presentation skills, digital presentation skills, business writing, and verbal communication skills.
- Obsessed with timely and accurate forecasting and bias towards CRM hygiene and data precision.
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development.
- A love for technology and how it can impact businesses and business strategy.
- Must be a confident, adaptable self-starter who thrives in an empowered, fast-paced environment. Strong organizational and time management skills. Positive attitude, high energy, drive, and a sense of business urgency.
- Adept at balancing intense short-term pressures with overall long-term goals.
- Willingness to travel for company and client meetings throughout North America and/or Europe 1-2 times per year for company meetings.
Nice To Have Skills/Experience
- SaaS hyper-growth experience or seeing a SaaS company grow through key stages of post-funding acceleration, purchase, or merging.
- Previous experience working with Content Management Systems.
- Previous experience working with and/or understanding of MACH, MACC, and JamStack technologies.
- Willingness to travel and attend trade shows or marketing events. Not required; we are sensitive to an individual’s comfort/risk factors in the Coronavirus era for travel and public spaces.
- A valid and current passport for international travel. Not required, but nice to have to join the global team meetups in fun places!
What Kontent.ai Offers
- An outstanding company culture with a friendly atmosphere, but also with a strong winner’s mentality.
- An international team of professionals.
- Lots of responsibilities, challenging work, and freedom to create your own way of working.
- Competitive compensation package.
- Kontent.ai US has a comprehensive benefits program, including:
- Health, Dental, & Vision Plan
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life/AD&D Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Paid Time Off and Holiday Pay
- 401(k) Plan
Apply for this job
Perks & Benefits
Balancing your professional and personal life can be tricky. We want to help you strike the right balance between both of them without having to compromise either one. That’s why we offer flexible working hours, working from home (or anywhere else), and a five-week holiday so that you can get in touch with your inner social butterfly. We also extend paternity leave for fathers and give loyal employees a month-long sabbatical to unplug and recharge.
Health is a priority
We take the health and happiness of our employees seriously. We provide a meal allowance so you can eat healthy at home or take advantage of healthy snacks at the office. We also offer massages to help your body (and mind) relax when you need to recharge your batteries. Or you can take part in sports events with your coworkers—whether that means playing football, badminton, or squash. And if you get sick? No worries! We provide unlimited sick days, so you can take care of yourself when you need it.
We learn every day
We believe that a growth mindset is the real key to success. That’s why we dedicate 20% of our working time to education and innovations so that each employee can thrive in their career—from attending conferences and running internal workshops to borrowing books from our company library and gaining professional certifications. The icing on the cake? We also have a native English teacher who helps us improve our language skills.