Presales Engineer EMEA.
About the Role
Kontent.ai, a leading Headless CMS with recent growth funding, is expanding its roster with multiple positions in our commercial go-to-market teams. The ideal candidate for this role will reside in the UK and primarily interact with EMEA prospects and will also occasionally interact globally with Kontent.ai teams.
Kontent.ai is looking for a full-time Presales Engineer to support our ambitious growth objectives in EMEA. The Presales Engineer supports the sales process and serves as a technology adviser to prospective customers. Successful Presales Engineers display a strong ability to understand customer requirements, determine the best solutions and effectively communicate the value proposition of solutions. The ideal candidate will have a solid depth of experience in several key areas:
- Communication Skills: Commercial-facing prospect interactions, specifically product demos and sales calls.
- Technical Skills: Technical acumen to deftly articulate and survey both the Kontent.ai technical landscape and that of prospects.
- Product Skills: Prior experience working with product teams to help communicate the state-of-the-state of the product while clarifying current and roadmap product capabilities and value.
The Presales Engineer will primarily assist sales efforts towards our growth objectives; salespeople will request and engage your attendance, collaboration, and best strategic thinking in a dynamic and fluid working environment. The Presales Engineer will help Sales teams articulate value and close deals.
A typical workweek will include:
- Strategic review of pipeline deals and scheduling technical demos with your sales team.
- Leading the technical sales calls with prospects – you may have support from product teams in some cases, but you will be expected to handle common technical questions and themes on your own for almost all scenarios.
- Giving product demos emphasizing technical aspects of the Kontent.ai platform while answering routine buyers’ business and technical questions.
- Building custom demo and Proof-of-Concept environments if needed to accommodate edge-case prospects.
- Be able to explain and demonstrate integration details of the Kontent.ai platform.
- Answering technical questions that arise in conversations or swiftly retrieving the answer post-call as needed.
- Participating in engagement scoping and integration planning with late-stage prospects. Ability to translate business requirements into technical requirements and vice versa. Aligning the Kontent.ai platform with the technical state of prospects.
- Help document crucial sales call information into the CRM if needed.
- Help liaison and handoff technical aspects of newly won customers to Kontent.ai customer success teammates and associates.
- Communicate with product and marketing teams to help evolve the product.
Required Communication and Soft Skills Experience
- Prior experience partnering with salespeople to advance opportunities and close deals towards growth objectives, minimum 4 years experience.
- Experience with leading technical product demos and presales calls, minimum 4 years experience.
- Advanced demo skills, able to give demos with minimal preparation if needed. Minimum 3 years experience.
- Bias towards action in communications; proactively engaging and answering prospect questions across communication channels, live video calls, phone, email, messaging platforms, in-platform text, etc. Demonstrable success, minimum 3 years experience.
- History of contributing and improving processes to a growing commercial sales department. History of contributing to a customer-facing knowledge base. Minimum 2 years experience.
- Highly organized professional attributes. Excellent time management skills to load-balance numerous projects at once. Ability to self-organize a dynamic workload and stay current across all internal administrative cycles, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annually.
- Demonstrable critical thinking, analytical, and problem-solving skills. Ability to make data-driven decisions.
- Ability to work in fast-paced and dynamic environments and be adaptive and stress-resistant, with a positive can-do attitude. A positive and supportive demeanor will be required in front of customers.
- A genuine desire to help others, especially customers.
- May participate in the occasional RFI or RFP responses. Should have some experience with RFI/RFP.
- Occasionally travel within EMEA for team meetings, not required for daily duties.
Required Technical Skills
- Prior experience with Content Management Systems or Platforms, ideally 4+ years in the CMS space. But we can waive this requirement if all other technical skills are outstanding (we can teach you our industry).
- Prior experience with an integrated or ‘headless’ environment in SaaS. Strong understanding, proficiency, and comfort with APIs, webhooks, and other data integration methodologies. Minimum 4 years experience.
- Strong front-end and full-stack technology understanding and skills. Ability to comprehend in-depth front-end scenarios and configurations. Minimum 4 years experience.
- Some experience in front-end web development, web analytics, mobile, or full-stack development. Working knowledge of web technologies.
- Prior experience working with integration or implementation partners or projects.
- Demonstrable thirst for knowledge, have challenged yourself to learn new technologies, self-taught if needed. You'll be encouraged to advance your technical expertise, particularly around front-end and full-stack technologies.
- Proficient in common business efficiencies tools like Microsoft Office suite, Google Workspace suite, Salesforce or other CRM, Confluence, or other web-based collaboration tools.
Nice To Have Skills/Experience
- SaaS hyper-growth experience or seeing a SaaS company grow through key stages of post-funding acceleration, purchase, or merging.
- A GitHub profile, while not required, is nice to have if available.
- Multilingual, while not required, is nice to have if available.
- Willingness to travel and attend trade shows or marketing events. While not required, it is nice to have if willing.
- A valid and current passport for international travel. Not required, but nice to have to join the global team meetups in fun places!
Apply for this job
Perks & Benefits
Balancing your professional and personal life can be tricky. We want to help you strike the right balance between both of them without having to compromise either one. That’s why we offer flexible working hours, working from home, and a generous PTO so that you can get in touch with your inner social butterfly. We value loyalty, celebrate employees’ anniversaries, and provide a sabbatical leave to unplug and recharge.
Health is a priority
We take the health and happiness of our employees seriously. We provide healthy snacks at the office and provide flexible working hours. We also offer yoga lessons in our HQ to help your body (and mind) relax when you need to recharge your batteries. Or you can take part in sports events with your coworkers—whether that means playing football, badminton, or squash. And if you get sick? No worries! We provide sick days so you can take care of yourself when you need it.
We learn every day
We believe that a growth mindset is the real key to success. That’s why we dedicate 20% of our working time to education and innovations so that each employee can thrive in their career—from attending conferences and running internal workshops to borrowing books from our company library and gaining professional certifications. The icing on the cake? We also have a native English teacher who helps us improve our language skills.