American Bath Group.
A composable Jamstack DXP helps American Bath Group deliver content faster.
American Bath Group is here to build “a better bath ware industry.” They believe that they can always learn more, and that there’s always a better way. When it comes to content management, their goal is no different. Using Kontent.ai as their modular content platform, American Bath Group has landed on a better way to create and deliver digital content. Marc Lamothe, Systems Administrator at American Bath Group, and Akshay Sura from partner Konabos, shared how they successfully migrated 10 sites with over 50,000 products in only 8 months.
- Content and data silos across multiple channels and brands
- Long onboarding for new users
- Resource-intensive implementation cycles, difficult deployments, and downtime
- Lack of best-of-breed capabilities, but high infrastructure and licensing costs
- A composable Jamstack DXP model
- Effective training for faster ramp up of Kontent.ai business users
- A single source of truth for content consistency and reusability
- A simplified way to build and deploy with a modular content platform
- Un-siloed content and collaboration across multiple channels and brands
- A faster time to market and greater team bandwidth
- Lower infrastructure costs and faster deployments, from 30 hours to 3 minutes
- Faster page loads and better search rankings
Duplicated efforts and siloed teams with a traditional monolith DXP
Working with a traditional monolith DXP can hinder digital innovation and agility for brands like American Bath Group. Feature sets may be bloated, effort duplicated, and teams often siloed. Today, organizations need flexibility and freedom – investing in best-of-breed solutions to create and design modern digital experiences.
“Some companies are so caught up in their old ways of doing things, they have a difficult time imagining anything different,” said Marc Lamothe, CMS Systems Administrator, American Bath Group. But American Bath Group was ready to evolve.
A quick ramp up of business users with a composable Jamstack DXP model
American Bath Group is always eager to find a better way. Bringing in Kontent.ai, they focused on training business users to adopt the headless, content-first mindset early on, making use of comprehensive education materials. “The way we were working before with a monolithic system, it took a long time to train people. When we moved to Kontent.ai, the whole team dove in. With the Kontent.ai documentation, everyone was trained up, before even working on the first website,” said Marc.
That’s a major advantage of adopting API-first solutions: they’re well-documented, making them easier to work with. A fast-ramp up and success is paramount; without vendor lock-in, a customer can more easily disengage. American Bath Group and Konabos went with a composable Jamstack DXP model, with everything working together to drive success:
- Ingesting from SAP, Epicore and IBM
- Headless commerce
- Salsify product information management (PIM)
- Kontent.ai as a modular content platform
- 3D Source product configurator, repagination, catalog generator, custom configurator
- Cloudinary digital asset management (DAM)
- Vercel for hosting, deployment and CDN
- GitHub code repository
- Google Analytics
- Act-On form and contact automation
“Now we can use all of this content in our mobile apps and multiple websites. In the end, we're going to have about 33 websites and increasing, and we are able to integrate well with other systems super easily,” said Akshay Sura, Partner, Konabos. Paired with an empowered, well-trained team of content creators, it’s all possible, and happening in record time.
Faster time to market with unified content and a single source of truth
With a composable Jamstack DXP model, teams work better together – and so does data. Having access to a single source of truth makes processes, decisions, and projects more efficient and consistent. “Now, we don't have to pull data in from two or three different places or make sure that it's being duplicated where it needs to be. We pull from the the same source, and it’s really easy to syndicate that data out to where we want it to go,” said Marc.
By having unified teams and content, American Bath Group is seeing a major impact: “Kontent.ai has helped us break out of our content silos, greatly improving our bandwidth and team collaboration across multiple channels and brands,” said Marc. And by enabling connected services, they have also been able to lower infrastructure costs and completely transform their deployment timeline, from 30 hours to just 3 minutes. A win like this for both technical teams and business teams is, ultimately, a win for the customer experience.
A single source of truth makes content creation more efficient
Watch the full talk from American Bath Group and Konabos, "Going headless when your neck is on the line" from Kontent Horizons 2021.
“Kontent.ai has helped us break out of our content silos, greatly improving our bandwidth and team collaboration across multiple channels and brands. Now, we don't have to pull data in from two or three different places, or make sure that it's being duplicated where it needs to be. We pull from the the same source, and it’s really easy to syndicate that data out to where we want it to go.”