Managing 27 regional websites with a single headless CMS.
Global digital agency Isobar was tasked with transforming their parent company’s 27 regional websites into a single digital presence that drives a new level of business results. They chose Kontent by Kentico because of its ability to consolidate content from each regional market, provide localized content and workflows, and integrate with their existing technology stack.
- Content from 27 regional websites would need to be consolidated into a single solution
- Fulfilling their vision of “innovating the way brands are built” required them to uplevel their own digital offerings for clients
- A successful implementation would require them to adopt modern technologies and build integrations to leading solutions
- Local content across 27 different markets, with unique content models, workflows, and custom roles
- All regional websites retrieving content from a single repository
- Integration with existing tools—Google Analytics, Pardot, New Relic, Stripe, and Twitter
- Content managed in the cloud, eliminating the need to install and configure software for each user
- They saved £132k per year in development costs, compared to their previous solution
- New business leads have increased from zero to 1,500 since the launch of their website
- Organic traffic increased by 20% from 2018 to 2019
- The development of a “future-proof” platform allows the team to launch new apps
Isobar Ireland, a part of the Dentsu Aegis Network, is a leading digital agency with over 6,500 employees across 85 global locations. They focus on solving complex business challenges through digital marketing and innovation for some of the world’s most recognizable brands including Coca-Cola, Adidas, Proctor & Gamble, Philips, and Huawei. Their parent company, Dentsu Aegis Network, selected the Isobar team to consolidate their 27 regional websites onto a single platform that lets them effectively engage with audiences throughout the world.
Up-leveling digital best practices and technologies
To deliver this new digital experience, the Isobar team needed to uplevel their digital practices to leverage modern technologies and integrate with several leading online services, such as analytics, marketing automation, and online payment processing. Additionally, they needed to advance their digital offerings to help enterprises attract new business prospects and talent while instilling pride among their employees.
Delivering on these goals would help the team deliver on their vision of “innovating the way brands are built.” This vision not only ensures a new level of digital experiences for their clients, but also ensures customers view the Isobar brand as agile, collaborative, ambitious, responsible, and pioneering.
A single cloud-based repository for managing localized content
To fulfill this mission, they chose Kontent because of its robust content management features, seamless integration model, and ability to integrate with any tools they utilize throughout their tech stack. This platform allows them to manage all of their content in a single cloud-based repository and deliver localized content to 27 different regional websites.
Niki Meredith, General Manager at Isobar Ireland, explains the technology behind the website: “We built the Dentsu Aegis Network Global website on a Ruby on Rails platform. The SDK connects to the Kontent Delivery API to retrieve content. We then used the Preview API to allow clients to preview their content changes before publishing to the live website.”
Ultimately, Kontent enabled Isobar Ireland to:
- Launch 27 websites quickly, retrieving content from a single cloud-based repository
- Integrate with Google Analytics, Pardot, New Relic, Stripe, and Twitter
- Empower marketers to manage content independently in the cloud, eliminating the need to install and configure software for each user
- Localize content across different markets and simplify their operations with content models, workflows, and custom roles for each region
Niki continues: “Each project is assigned to a market lead, and they are responsible for creating and updating the content for that market. Itʼs a multilingual website, used in every corner of the world, and we are utilizing the localization functionality to provide the language translation.”
A future-proof platform for enterprise clients
The Isobar team is now in a much stronger position to deliver large-scale enterprise projects for their clients. Kontent allows them to be more productive and focus on delivering great value instead of focusing on upgrades, backups, scalability, and security.
After implementing the Kontent platform, the Dentsu Aegis Network websites experienced a significant return on investment and cost savings across the business. These improvements included:
- 1,500+ new leads: New business leads increased from zero in 2018 to over 1,500 in 2019.
- Organic growth: Organic traffic increased by 20% between 2018 and 2019.
- Thousands in cost savings: The Dentsu Aegis Network team saved approximately £132k per year in development costs compared to their previous solution.
- Future-proof platform: The client can now leverage true omnichannel capabilities. From their single content repository, they can launch new apps and embrace new channels (such as IoT) using the same platform.