We’re always improving Kontent.ai to enable strategists, creators, and developers alike! Check out how the releases from Q1 2023 help teams gain more control over content operations and manage multiple websites easily.
Radka UhlirovaPublished on Apr 4, 2023
Cost effectiveness and time to value are some of the biggest challenges many organizations have been dealing with lately. Therefore, over Q1 of 2023, we've focused on delivering new functionality that helps teams save time and resources, while staying on top of all things content, when targeting different audiences and local markets.
Managing multiple websites and previews efficiently
Even when organizations need to be able to reach their audiences on various devices and channels, websites are still a main point of contact for communicating with customers. As many organizations have multiple websites for varied business offerings, and branding and marketing purposes, it might be challenging to keep track of all content updates. With Kontent.ai’s latest releases, you can easily have control over all that content and speed up time to market.
- Manage multiple websites with spaces: With spaces, you can manage multiple websites under one project. Spaces allow you to easily reuse content across websites, while producing website-specific content at the same time. You can configure and view your preferred spaces on the environment level.
- Set up multiple previews: Along with spaces, you can now also set preview URLs for specific websites. Having multiple spaces and previews enables content creators to not only easily find and edit, but also preview content in context of specific websites. Once you set up space domains and preview URLs, content creators can simply select the right preview to use when editing a specific content item.
- Work with content for multiple websites in a single Web Spotlight project: Last but not least, we added multisite support to Web Spotlight, so content creators can easily find and edit the content for multiple sites within a single Kontent.ai project. For example, when you have four spaces, you can create a page tree and a preview for each of them.
Streamlining processes and ensuring language consistency
Another reason why organizations might need to be able to manage multiple websites, or even language versions, is targeting audiences in different geographic locations. Let’s take a look at how Kontent.ai’s new features can help you be in control of content operations and ensure consistency across all languages.
- Limit your workflows to collections: Teams can use collections to differentiate between the content for each of multiple websites or to group related content within one website. But no matter which approach you take, you can now limit your workflows to individual collections. For example, different company departments often require different workflow steps and approval processes, so you can set up your workflow so that content in the Marketing collection is limited to the Marketing workflow.
- Choose from two language fallback options: Language fallbacks determine how the Delivery API behaves when you request content in a specific language, but that content hasn’t been translated to that language. The default fallback behavior aims for language consistency of the returned content. You get linked content only if it's translated to the same language as the parent content item. Or you can choose the opt-in fallback behavior, which always gives you the best possible language variant for every linked content item and returns fallback variants for untranslated content items. You might get linked content even if it isn't translated to the same language as the parent content item.
Keeping your content both secure and accessible
Whether you’re working with public-facing or password-protected content, you need to deliver seamless experiences for your customers. Especially when you’re delivering content to multiple channels and integrating with other services, like customer and partner portals, it’s important that the content is secure and up-to-date. Check out how Kontent.ai’s recent releases help protect your content and keep it fresh.
- Create personal API keys: For Management API and Subscription API, you can now create personal API keys and also set custom expiration dates for them. The new API keys inherit permissions of the user who creates them. The API keys created before January 23, 2023 are now deprecated and will stop working after April 30, 2023.
- Remove deprecated API keys: If you've already started using the new personal API keys for Management API, you can now remove the deprecated API key. The deprecated API key remains available and valid until April 30, 2023. We recommend you switch to the new personal API keys before that date.
- Synchronize content updates with Sync API: For a smoother implementation of content refresh and synchronization scenarios, teams can use the new Sync API. Compared to webhooks, Sync API enables you to consume content changes on demand, and is great for asynchronous or periodic change processing. This approach is useful for large projects that process a high volume of notifications, as it helps prevent potential performance issues. Additionally, it can be utilized in mobile applications to synchronize on-demand content over mobile data connections. Sync API is now generally available!
Getting up to speed with content modeling
To help you understand why content modeling is key to your project's success, we added a new micro-course, The 'Why' behind your content model. We also redesigned the Advanced content modeling course into multiple new courses, so that you can better retain the knowledge you gain.
This new approach starts with basics and gradually dives into topics that emerge on your content modeling journey. We recommend that you complete the courses as follows:
- The 'Why' behind your content model – Understand the purpose of content modeling to avoid the most common mistakes.
- Intro to the theory behind content modeling – Convince your stakeholders why content modeling needs to be your organization's number-one priority.
- Content modeling walkthrough – Learn how to structure your content using basic content modeling skills.
- Tips for a successful content model – Get practical, useful tips for a functional and easy-to-use content model.
- Become a master of metadata – Metadata supports content discovery, personalized content suggestions, and can help improve your customers' experience.
- Fine tune your content model – Learn why content audits and optimization are vital to your business.
- Control your content visuals in Kontent.ai – Even in a headless CMS, creators can influence the look and feel of their content. Discover your options.
- Kontent.ai as your central content hub – Make Kontent.ai your central content hub where you can store all your content, no matter the channel you use it for.
- How content modeling done right makes your life easier (with examples) – Explore how content modeling under Kontent.ai can help you accomplish goals that may seem complicated and expensive.
In the upcoming months, we remain committed to improving content operations for both business and engineering teams! You can look forward to previews for multiple resolutions in Web Spotlight, so that you can preview what your content looks like on a tablet or mobile device.
Feeling like your brand’s content is getting lost in the noise?
Listen to our new podcast for practical tips, tricks, and strategies to make your content shine. From AI’s magic touch to content management mastery and customer experience secrets, we’ll cover it all.Listen now