Enable single sign-on
Single sign-on (SSO) is an authentication process that allows you to access multiple applications with a single set of sign-in credentials.
Once you have single sign-on configured for your organization, you won't need to re-enter your credentials each time you sign in to Kontent. It also helps you manage users more easily.
Table of contents
SSO is available on Enterprise and Scale plans only.
- If you're already on an Enterprise or Scale plan, contact our support team using the chat button below and we will set it up for your domain.
- If you're not on an Enterprise or Scale plan, contact our sales team and let them know your requirements.
Here's how it works:
- You tell us the details about the identity provider you want to use and that we support.
- Possible providers include Azure Active Directory (LDAP), ADFS, OKTA (SAMLP), Adobe Echosign, Office 365, and more.
- We take care of the configuration.
- Your employees sign in on the standard Kontent sign-in screen with the credentials they use within your organization.
When SSO is set up correctly, the sign-in process looks like this.
SSO and external contributors
Single sign-on applies to the members of your organization and is not bound to specific Kontent projects. Even with SSO enabled for your organization (such as Example Organization), you can still invite external contributors whose email addresses are different from those of your organization's (such as addresses ending in @gmail.com instead of @example.com).